Saturday, five former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in various NBA games. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from March 19.
Best of the Day:
Milwaukee Bucks took the “L” on Saturday but Jevon Carter (Proviso East) gave a strong performances off the bench which included a season-high 7 assists.
Since joining the Bucks, Carter has seen increased playing time and has improved his numbers. Through 11 games with the team, he has better number with the Buck in almost every stat category than he did with the Nets.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Milwaukee Bucks)- 28 minutes, 11 points, 4/6 FG, 1/3 3PT, 2/2 FT, 5 rebounds, a team-high 7 assists, 2 turnovers, and -2 in a 138-119 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Rest of the Day’s Performances:
- Patrick Beverly (Marshall/Minnesota Timberwolves)- 10 minutes, 3 points, 1/3 FG, 1/2 3PT, a rebound, a steal, a team-high 1 block (tied with Taurean Prince), a turnover, and +5 in a 138-119 win over the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Beverly played just 10 minutes because he got ejected.
- Jalen Brunson (Stevenson/Dallas Mavericks)- 23 minutes, 10 points, 3/8 FG, 0/2 3PT, 4/4 FT, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, a team-high 2 steals, a turnover, and -4 in a 129-108 loss to the Charlotte Hornets.
- Sterling Brown (Proviso East/Dallas Mavericks)- 17 minutes, 4 points, 1/4 FG, 0/2 3PT, 2/2 FT, 2 offensive rebounds, 4 total rebounds, an assist, and a tram-high +5 in a 129-108 loss to the Charlotte Hornets.
- Talen Horton-Tucker (Simeon/Los Angeles Lakers)- 17 minutes, 0/5 FG, 0/2 3PT, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 turnovers, and -12 in a 127-119 loss to the Washington Wizards.