Monday, six former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in various NBA games. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from March 21.
Best of the Day: Jalen Brunson
When it’s all said and down, Jalen Brunson (Stevenson) will have new career-highs for games, starts, minutes, field goals, field goal attempts, three-point attempts, free-throws, free-throw attempts, free-throw percentage, offensive rebounds, total rebounds, assists, steals, and points after this season.
- Jalen Brunson (Stevenson/Dallas Mavericks)- 32 minutes, 15 points, 6/10 FG, 1/3 3PT, 2/2 FT, 3 rebounds, a turnover, and +18 in a 110-108 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Rest of the Day’s Performances:
- Patrick Beverly (Marshall/Minnesota Timberwolves)- 32 minutes, 8 points, 2/10 FG, 1/5 3PT, 3/8 FT, a game-high 5 offensive rebounds, 7 total rebounds, a team-high 4 assists (tied with D’Angelo Russell), a game-high 2 steals (tied with 2 others), a game 1 block (tied with 5 others), a turnover, and -7 in a 110-108 loss to the Dallas Mavericks.
- Max Strus (Stagg/Miami Heat)- 17 minutes, 0/5 FG, 0/5 3PT, 1/1 FT, 2 assists, and -4 in a 113-106 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Ayo Dosunmu (Morgan Park/Chicago Bulls)- 24 minutes, 11 points, 5/9 FG, 1/2 3PT, an offensive rebound, 2 total rebounds, a team-high 6 assists (tied with 2 others), a block, and +3 in a113-99 win over the Toronto Raptors.
- Fred VanVleet (Auburn/Toronto Raptors)- 37 minutes, 19 points, 7/22 FG, 3/12 3PT, 2/2 FT, 2 offensive rebounds, 6 total rebounds, a game-high 9 assists, a game-high 2 steals (tied with Thaddeus Young), a turnover, and -9 in a 113-99 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
- Isaiah Roby (Dixon/Oklahoma City Thunder)- 26 minutes, 0/6 FG, 0/1 3PT, a game-high 4 offensive rebuffs, 7 total rebounds, an assist, a block, and -15 in a 132-123 loss to the Boston Celtics.