The other day, I decided my daily tweets about Illinois high school prep athletes in the NBA will be a combination of tweets but also blog posts.
Today’s posts highlights six different athletes. Yesterday’s games didn’t bring any huge performances from the Illinois guys so the best of the day comes from a practice moment.
Best of the Day: Max Strus
A viral video of Stephen Curry of hit Twitter after he hit a 105 threes in a row in a practice while in Chicago.
The Miami Heat posted their own version with Max Strus (Stagg) and Duncan Robinson shooting a few of there own from beyond the arc. It’s unclear if they actual combined
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Brodric Thomas (Bolingbrook/Rockets)- 8 minutes, 5 points, 1/3 FG, 0/2 3PT, assists, 2 turnovers, and +0 in a 124-111 loss to the Nuggets.
- John Konchar (West Chicago/Grizzlies)- 16 minutes, 2 points, 1/3 FG, 0/1 3PT, 2 rebounds, a steal, and +1 in a 116–111 win over the Nets.
- Robert Covington (Proviso West/Trail Blazers)- 37 minutes, 4 points, 2/9 FG, 0/6 3PT, 1 offensive rebound, 6 total rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, block, and -5 in a 115-107 win over the Lakers.
- Anthony Davis (Perspectives/Laker)- 38 minutes, 13 points, 6/14 FG, 1/2 FT, 1 offensive rebound, 10 total rebounds, 5 assists, steal, 3 turnovers, and +5 in a 115-107 loss to the Trail Blazers.
- Talen Horton–Tucker (Simeon/Laker)- 10 minutes, 6 points, 3/6 FG, 0/2 3PT, 2 rebounds, steal, and -9 in a 115-107 loss to the Trail Blazers.