Saturday evening, just five former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from January 9.
Best Of The Day: Jevon Carter
Jevon Carter isn’t going to score a ton of points on a nights on a nightly basis buts that’s okay. What’s he does do is torture opposing players on defense every time he steps on court.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Suns)- 16 minutes, 10 points, 4/7 FG, 2/5 3PT, 3 rebounds, an assist, 3 steals, a block, and +3 in a 125-117 win over the Pacers.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Robert Covington (Proviso West/Trail Blazers)- 28 minutes, 6 points, 2/4 FG, 2/4 3PT, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal, and +34 in a 125-99 win over the Kings.
- Andre Iguodala (Lanphier/Heat)- 14 minutes, 3 points, 1/3 FG, 1/2 3PT, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, a block, and -12 in a 128-124 win over the Wizards.
- Meyers Leonard (Robinson/Heat)- 8 minutes, 1 point, 0/1 FG, 0/1 3PT, 1/2 FT, 4 rebounds, an assist, a turnover, and +5 in a 128-124 win over the Wizards.
- JaVale McGee (Franciscan/Cavaliers)- 17 minutes, 4 points, 1/6 FG, 2/2 FT, 4 offensive rebounds, 5 total rebounds, and -2 in a 100-90 loss to the Bucks.