Tuesday evening, six former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from January 12.
Best of the Day: Anthony Davis
The Los Angeles Lakers are easily the favorites to win the NBA Championship and when you have 2 MVP candidates playing well at the same time, it won’t be an easy night for the opposing team. While most think about LeBron James’ game even during Year 18 but Anthony Davis deserves some praise. He’s just 27 years old and is just hitting his prime.
- Anthony Davis (Perspectives/Lakers)- 29 minutes, 19 points, 7/8 FG, 1/1 3PT, 4/4 FT, 2 offensive rebounds, 10 total rebounds, 2 assists, 5 blocks, and +21 in a 117-100 win over the Rockets.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Max Strus (Stagg/Heat)- 24 minutes, 8 points, 3/7 FG, 2/6 3PT, a rebound, an assist, and +1 in a 137-134 loss to the 76ers.
- Andre Iguodala (Lanphier/Heat)- 22 minutes, 7 points, 3/10 FG, 1/6 3PT, 2 offensive rebounds, 5 total rebounds, 7 assists, a steal, a turnover, and -9 in a 137-134 loss to the 76ers.
- Alfonzo McKinnie (Marshall/Lakers)- 4 minutes, a rebound, and -3 in a 117-100 win over the Rockets.
- Talen Horton-Tucker (Simeon/Lakers)- 17 minutes, 4 points, 1/8 FG, 0/4 3PT, 2/4 FT, 2 offensive rebounds, 6 total rebounds, an assist, a block, and -1 in a 117-100 win over the Rockets.
- JaVale McGee (Franciscan/Cavaliers)- 21 minutes, 8 points, 4/8 FG, 2 offensive rebounds, 9 total rebounds, and -10 in a 117-87 loss to the Jazz.
- Isaiah Roby (Dixon/Thunder)- 14 minutes, 4 points, 1/3 FG, 2/2 FT, 2 offensive rebounds, 6 total rebounds, an assist, a block, and -9 in a 112-102 loss to the Spurs.