Friday evening, six former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from January 15.
Best of the Day: Isaiah Roby
The Oklahoma City Thunder team is going through a transition this year after the departure of Chris Paul. This young squad opens up opportunities for several players including Isaiah Roby to get more minute. So far, Roby has performed well even though he fouled out in the Thunder’s OT win over the Chicago Bulls.
- Isaiah Roby (Dixon/Thunder)- 26 minutes, 14 points, 6/12 FG, 1/3 3PT, 1/2 FT, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and +3 in a 127-125 OT win over the Bulls.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Anthony Davis (Perspectives/Lakers)- 33 minutes, 17 points, 5/16 FG, 0/2 3PT, 7/10 FT, an offensive rebound, 6 total rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks, and +20 in a 112-95 win over the Pelicans.
- Alfonzo McKinnie (Marshall/Lakers)- 3 minutes, 0/2 FG, 0/1 3PT, and -7 in a 112-95 win over the Pelicans. First scoreless game of the season.
- Talen Horton-Tucker (Simeon/Lakers)- 3 minutes, 0/1 FG, and -7 in a 112-95 win over the Pelicans.
- Richaun Holmes (Lockport/Kings)- 30 minutes, 17 points, 8/11 FG, 0/1 3PT, 1/1 FT, an offensive rebound, 5 total rebounds, an assist, a turnover, and -27 in a 138-100 loss to the Clippers.
- JaVale McGee (Franciscan/Cavaliers)- 13 minutes, 2 points, 0/3 FG, 0/1 3PT, 2/4 FT, an offensive rebound, an assist, a steal, a block, a turnover, and -17 in a 106-103 loss to the Knicks.