Saturday evening, seven former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from February 13.
Best of the Day: Derrick Rose
Simeon’s Derrick Rose is off to a hot start in New York and being very effective in his time off the bench. His +18 plus-minus lead the Knicks on Saturday.
- Derrick Rose (Simeon/Knicks)- 23 minutes, 16 points, 5/11 FG, 1/3 3PT, 5/7 FT, a rebound, 3 assists, a turnover, and +18 in a 121-99 win over the Rockets.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Kendrick Nunn (Simeon/Heat)- 34 minutes, 23 points, 8/15 FG, 4/9 3PT, 3/3 FT, 3 rebounds, 3 steals, a block, 5 turnovers, and -14 in a 112-94 loss to the Jazz.
- Max Strus (Stagg/Heat)- 20 minutes, 15 minutes, 15 points, 6/9 FG, 3/6 3PT, a rebound, 2 assists, and +2 in a 112-94 loss to the Jazz. His 15 points were tied with Jimmy Butler for the second most points of the night. Strus strong outing are solidify his stay as a regular in the Heat rotation.
AGREED, MR. KAPLAN.
- Andre Iguodala (Lanphier/Heat)- 17 minutes, 0/3 FG, 0/3 3PT, a rebound, 3 assists, a block, 2 turnovers, and -8 in a 112-94 loss to the Jazz.
- Frank Kaminsky (Benet/Suns)- 11 minutes, 2 points, 1/3 FG, 0/1 3PT, a rebound, an assist, a steal, and -7 in a 120-11 win over the 76ers.
- Abdel Nader (Niles North/Suns)- 1 minute, 2 points, 1/1 FG, and -3 in a 120-11 win over the 76ers.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Suns)- 1 minute, an assist, a turnover, and -3 in a 120-11 win over the 76ers.