Wednesday, five former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a G League game. Below I look into and share each of their G League performances from February 24.
Matt Mooney, Raptors 905
Notre Dame College Prep’s Matt Mooney had the hot hand on Wednesday. He had a game-high 8 assists and was one of two with 22 points (game-highs).
- Matt Mooney (Notre Dame College Prep)- 28 minutes, 22 points, 7/10 FG, 5/6 3PT, 2/3 FT, 2 rebounds, 8 assists, a steal, a block, 2 turnovers, and +26 in a 138-107 win over the Delaware Blue Coats.
Brodric Thomas, Rio Grande Valley Vipers
Bolingbrook’s Brodric Thomas is being called up after signing a two-way deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers. This season in the G League, he is averaging 16.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.1 blocks in 33.3 minutes.
Billy Garrett, Lakeland Magic
- Billy Garrett (Morgan Park)- 36 minutes, 19 points, 9/15 FG, 1/2 3PT, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, a steal, 4 turnovers, and -8 in a 101-90 loss to the Canton Charge.
Charles Matthews, Canton Charge
- Charles Matthews (St. Rita)- 5 minutes, 0/2 FG, 0/2 3PT, a rebound, and +2 in a 101-90 win over the Lakeland Magic.
Admiral Schofield, Greensboro Swarm
- Admiral Schofield (Zion-Benton Township)- 22 minutes, 2 points, 0/9 FG, 0/3 3PT, 1/1 FT, 4 rebounds, an assist, a block, a turnover, and +4 in a 120-118 win over the Oklahoma City Blue.
Kahlil Whitney, Greensboro Swarm
- Kahlil Whitney (Solorio)- 8 minutes, 5 points, 1/4 FG, 1/1 3PT, 1/1 FT, a rebound, a turnover, and +9 in a 120-118 win over the Oklahoma City Blue.