Saturday, five former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a G League game. Below I look into and share each of their G League performances from March 6.
Kahlil Whitney, Greensboro Swarm
Solorio’s Kahlil Whitney played his best game Saturday after dropping a season-high 9 points.
- Kahlil Whitney (Solorio)- 16 minutes, 9 points, 4/9 FG, 1/2 3PT, a rebound, 2 steals, a block, 3 turnovers, and -6 in a 109-105 win over the Agua Caliente Clippers.
Brodric Thomas, Canton Charge
Another 20+ point game from Bolingbrook’s Brodric Thomas. He also hit a game-high five three pointers and had a game-high five turnovers.
- Brodric Thomas (Bolingbrook)- 33 minutes, 25 points, 10/21 FG, 5/12 3PT, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, a steal, a block, 5 turnovers, and -12 in a 116-107 loss to the Long Island Nets.
Charles Matthews, Canton Charge
- Charles Matthews (St. Rita)- 19 minutes, 2 points, 1/5 FG, 0/1 3PT, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and +15 in a 116-107 loss to the Long Island Nets.
Matt Mooney, Raptors 905
Notre Dame College Prep’s Matt Mooney has been a pretty strong shooter, especially from behind the arc. As of late though he’s had a strong eye for his teammates. He’s been making some great passes and dominating the assist category most games.
- Matt Mooney (Notre Dame College Prep)- 31 minutes, 15 points, 6/9 FG, 2/4 3PT, 1/1 FT, a rebound, 6 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers, and +26 in a 122-100 win over the Lakeland Magic.
Billy Garrett, Lakeland Magic
- Billy Garrett (Morgan Park)- 22 minutes, 8 points, 1/4 FG, 0/1 3PT, 3/3 FT, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, a turnover, and -22 in a 122-100 loss to the Raptors 905.