Wednesday evening, five former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from April 7.
Best of the Day: JaVale McGee
Franciscan’s JaVale McGee had yet to really play significant minutes since his return to the Denver Nuggets but Wednesday was a different story. He had a near double-double in just 14 minutes on the court.
- JaVale McGee (Franciscan/Nuggets)- 14 minutes, 7 points, a team-high 3 offensive rebounds (tied with Michael Porter Jr.), 8 total rebounds, a block, a turnover, and and +15 in a 106-96 win over the Spurs.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- John Konchar (West Chicago/Grizzlies)- 18 minutes, 7 points, 2/3 FG, 2/3 3PT, 1/2 FT, an offensive rebound, 4 total rebounds, an assist, a steal, a block, 2 turnovers, and -2 in a 131-113 win over the Hawks.
- Derrick Rose (Simeon/Knicks)- 27 minutes, 11 points, 4/10 FG, 1/1 3PT, 2/2 FT, 3 assists, +6 in a 101-99 loss to the Celtics.
- Jalen Brunson (Stevenson/Mavericks)- 30 minutes, 14 points, 5/7 FG, 1/2 3PT, 3/5 FT, an offensive rebound, 3 total rebounds, 3 assists, and +3 in a 102-93 loss to the Rockets.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Suns)- 9 minutes, 0/2 FG, 0/2 3PT, an offensive rebound, 2 total rebounds, an assist, and +4 in a 117-113 overtime win over the Jazz.