Saturday evening, eight former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from April 10.
Best of the Day: Jevon Carter
It’s always nice to see Proviso East’s Jevon Carter get playing time, especially the amount he did on Saturday. Carter is one of the hardest workers in the league but it doesn’t always show in the stats sheet. Those that know him know the kind of player he is and what he brings to the team. He also can be seen post-games getting extra shots up way after the teams steps off the court.
In Saturday’s Suns’ win, Carter made a game-high four three pointers.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Suns)- 22 minutes, 14 points, 5/12 FG, 4/10 3PT, an offensive rebound, 6 total rebounds, an assist, and +4 in a 134-106 win over the Wizards.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Frank Kaminsky (Benet/Suns)- 4 minutes, 2 points, 0/1 FG, 2/2 3PT, a rebound, an assists and +2 in a 134-106 win over the Wizards. This was Kaminsky’s first game since March 19.
- Talen Horton-Tucker (Simeon/Lakers)- 34 minutes, 14 points, 4/16 FG, 2/5 3PT, 4/5 FT, an offensive rebound, 3 total rebounds, a game-high 11 assists, a team-high 3 steals (ties with Markieff Morris), 4 turnovers, and +18 in a 126-101 win over the Nets.
- Alfonzo McKinnie (Marshall/Lakers)- 27 minutes, 10 points, 4/6 FG, 2/4 3PT, 0/2 FT, 3 offensive rebounds, 9 total rebounds, 4 assists, a steal, and +17 in a 126-101 win over the Nets.
- Richaun Holmes (Lockport/Kings)- 34 minutes, 25 points, 10/13 FG, 0/1 3PT, 5/7 FT, an offensive rebound, a team-high 10 total rebounds, an assist, a steal, a block, 2 turnovers, and a team-high +18 in a 128-112 loss to the Jazz.
- Robert Covington (Proviso West/Trail Blazers)- 32 minutes, 3 points, 1/3 FG, 1/2 3PT, a rebound, a team-high 2 steals, a block, 2 turnovers, and +4 in a 118-103 win over the Pistons.
- Jahlil Okafor (Whitney Young/Pistons)- 9 minutes, 6 points, 2/2 FG, 2/2 FT, 2 rebounds, an assist, and +7 in a 118-103 loss to the Trail Blazers.
- Brodric Thomas (Bolingbrook/Cavaliers)- 3 minutes, 0/2 FG, 0/1 3PT, an assist, a turnover, and +1 in a 135-115 loss to the Raptors.