Saturday evening, six former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from May 4.
Best of the day: Robert Covington
- Robert Covington (Proviso West/Trail Blazers)- 29 minutes, 3 points, 1/5 FG, 1/4 3PT, 2 offensive rebounds, a game-high 11 total rebounds, an assists, a steal, a block, and +13 in a 124-102 win over the Spurs.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Keita Bates-Diop (University/Spurs)- 4 minutes and +4 in a 124-102 loss to the Trail Blazers.
- Jahlil Okafor (Whitney Young/Pistons)- 3 minutes, 4 points, 2/2 FG, a rebound, and +5 in a 118-104 loss to the 76ers.
- John Konchar (West Chicago/Grizzlies)- 5 minutes, 0/1 FG, 0/1 3PT, a rebound, a block, and -3 in a 109-99 win over the Raptors.
- JaVale McGee (Franciscan/Nuggets)- 11 minutes, 4 points, 2/4 FG, an offensive rebound, 4 total rebounds, 3 turnovers, and -7 in a 125-119 loss to the Nets.
- Isaiah Roby (Dixon/Thunder)- 22 minutes, 2 points, 1/2 FG, 0/1 3PT, 0/1 FT, a rebound, 2 turnovers, and -23 in a 136-97 loss to the Warriors.
Full recap of former Illinois prep athletes and their NBA performance on April 10.