Thursday evening, five former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from May 27.
Best of the day: Anthony Davis
- Anthony Davis (Perspectives/Lakers)- 40 minutes, a game-high 34 points, 11/22 FG, 0/2 3PT, 12/14 FT, a game-high 6 offensive rebounds, a team-high 11 total rebounds (tied with Andre Drummond), a steal, a block, a game-worst 5 turnovers, and +11 in a 109-95 win over the Suns.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Frank Kaminsky (Benet/Suns)- 7 minutes, 0/2 FG, an assist, a block, a turnover, and +0 in a 109-95 loss to the Lakers.
- Andre Iguodala (Lanphier/Heat)- 16 minutes, 3 points, 1/3 FG, 1/3 3PT, a rebound, a block, a turnover, and -18 in a 113-84 loss to the Bucks.
- Kendrick Nunn (Simeon/Heat)- 17 minutes, 4 points, 2/4 FG, 0/1 3PT, a rebound, 3 assists, a turnover, and -14 in a 113-84 loss to the Bucks.
- Robert Covington (Proviso West/Trail Blazers)- 39 minutes, 6 points, 3/9 FG, 3 offensive rebounds, 11 total rebounds, 4 assists, a steal, a block, a turnover, and -3 in a 120-115 loss to the Nuggets.
Despite not playing, Alfonzo McKinnie (Marshall) and Talen Horton-Tucker (Simeon) we’re front page on ESPN Friday morning.