It has been quite some time since I last shared a “Former Illinois Prep Athletes and their NBA Performance” blog but that all changes with this one. I will have another blog out very soon with any and all missed box scores from the previous two-ish months incase anyone wanted to look up certain dates. So here we go…
Wednesday evening, ten former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in a NBA game. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from December 8.
Best of the day: Max Strus
Stagg grad and Miami Heat guard Max Strus just scored a career-high 25 points against the Milwaukee Bucks just the other night and came up big once again. Strus scored all 16 of his points in the final quarter of the 113-104 Heat win over the defending champs.
- Max Strus (Stagg/Miami Heat)- 19 minutes, 16 points, 5/8 FG, 4/7 3PT, 2/2 FT, 2 rebounds, and +21 in a 113-104 win over the Bucks.
The rest of the performances of the day:
- Ayo Dosunmu (Morgan Park/Chicago Bulls)- 34 minutes, 5 points, 2/2 FG, 1/2 FT, 3 AST, and -14 in a 115-92 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Jalen Brunson (Stevenson/Dallas Mavericks)- 34 minutes, 10 points, 3/8 FG, 0/2 3PT, 4/7 FT, 2 offensive rebounds, 5 total rebounds, 7 assists (team-high tied with Luka Doncic), a steal, and +8 in a 104-96 win over the Memphis Grizzlies.
- John Konchar (West Chicago/Memphis Grizzlies)- 12 minutes, 4 points, 1/2 FG, 1/1 3PT, 1/1 FT, an assist, a steal, and -4 in a 104-96 loss to the Dallas Mavericks.
- Derrick Rose (Simeon/New York Knicks)- 24 minutes, 8 points, 4/10 FG, 0/2 3PT, 2 offensive rebounds, 5 total rebounds, a game-high 7 assists and -9 in a 122-102 loss to the Indiana Pacers.
- Fred VanVleet (Auburn/Toronto Raptors)- 39 minutes, 19 points, 6/20 FG, 5/13 3PT, 2/4 FT, 8 rebounds, a game-high 9 assists (tied), a steal, 2 turnovers, and +2 in a 110-109 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Brooklyn Nets)- 9 minutes, 0/1 FG, 0/1 3PT, a rebounds, a turnover, and -5 in a 114-104 loss to the Rockets.
- Patrick Beverly (Marshall/Minnesota Timberwolves)- 23 minutes, 16 points, 8/11 FG, 0/2 3PT, 0/1 FT, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, a turnover, and -1 in a 136-104 loss to the Utah Jazz.
- Robert Covington (Proviso West/Portland Trail Blazers)- 35 minutes, 7 points, 3/7 FG, 1/3 3PT, an offensive rebounds, 6 total rebounds, an assist, a steal, and -13 in a 104-94 loss to the Golden State Warriors.
- Richaun Holmes (Lockport/Sacramento Kings)- 10 minutes, 4 points, 2/3 FG, an offensive rebounds, 3 total rebounds, an assist, and +5 in a 142-130 win over the Orlando Magic.