Monday evening, eight former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in various NBA games. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from January 3.
Best of the Day: Patrick Beverly
Patrick Beverly is an absolute menace especially for a player on a team not in the top eight in the Western Conference. He balls out but talks more than any other player on the court. He’s most popular taunt this season has been call opposing “too small” and makes a gesture at the same time.
- Patrick Beverly (Marshall/Minnesota Timberwolves)- 21 minutes, 11 points, 3/10 FG, 0/4 3PT, 5/5 FT, 3 rebounds, a game-high 12 assists, a team-high 2 steals (tied with Taurean Prince), a turnover, and +19 in a 122-104 win over the Los Angeles Clippers.
The Rest of the Day’s Performances
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Brooklyn Nets)- 9 minutes, 6 points, 2/4 FG, 2/4 3PT, a rebound, a turnover, and a team-high +13 (tied with 2 others) in a 118-104 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Ayo Dosunmu (Morgan Park/Chicago Bulls)- 19 minutes, 3 points, 1/2 FG, 1/1 3PT, 2 rebound, an assist, 2 turnovers, and +8 in a 102-98 win over the Orlando Magic.
- Alfonzo McKinnie (Marshall/Chicago Bulls)- 7 minutes, 0/1 FG, 0/1 3PT, an offensive rebound, 2 total rebounds, and -2 in a 102-98 win over the Orlando Magic.
- Admiral Schofield (Zion-Benton Township/Orlando Magic)- 18 minutes, 4 points, 2/4 FG, 0/2 3PT, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, a turnover, and -13 in a 102-98 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
- Jalen Brunson (Stevenson/Dallas Mavericks)- 34 minutes, 13 points, 4/14 Fg, 2/4 3PT, 3/3 FT, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers, and +2 in a 103-89 win over the Denver Nuggets.
- Sterling Brown (Proviso East/Dallas Mavericks)- 10 minutes, 5 points, 1/2 FG, 1/2 3PT, 2/2 FT, an offensive rebound, an assist, and +4 in a 103-89 win over the Denver Nuggets.
- Robert Covington (Proviso West/Portland Trail Blazers)- 24 minutes, 4 points, 1/3 FG, 0/2 3PT, 2/2 FT, 4 rebounds, an assist, a game-high 4 steals (tied with Norman Powell), and a game-worst -12 (tied with 2 others) in a 136-131 win over the Atlanta Hawks.