Sunday evening, four former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in various NBA games. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from January 16.
Best of the Day: JaVale McGee
- JaVale McGee (Hales Franciscan/Phoenix Suns)- 15 minutes, 20 points, 9/10 FG, 2/4 FT, a game-high 3 offensive rebounds (tied with Isaiah Stewart), 6 total rebounds, a blocks turnover, and +8 in a 135-108 win over the Detroit Pistons.
- OFF THE BENCH TOO.
Rest of the Day’s Performances
- Richaun Holmes (Lockport/Sacramento Kings)- 15 minutes, 4 points, 2/2 FG, a steal, a turnover, and +2 in a 118-112 loss to the Houston Rockets.
- First came since New Years Eve (December 31, 2021).
“It’s been a rough last couple of months, but I’ve worked myself out of it… I’m just grateful to be here, get a chance to play.”Richaun Holmes on being away from basketball.
- Patrick Beverly (Marshall/Minnesota Timberwolves)- 25 minutes, 10 points, 3/7 FG, 2/5 3PT, 2/4 FT, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal, a block, and -1 in a 119-99 win over the Golden State Warriors.
- Andre Iguodala (Lanphier/Golden State Warriors)- 20 minutes, 0/4 FG, 0/4 3PT, an offensive rebound, 2 total rebound, an assist, a team-high 1 block (tied with two others), and -26 in a 119-99 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves.