Tuesday, six former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in various NBA games. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from January 25.
Best of the Day- Richaun Holmes
- Richaun Holmes (Lockport/Sacramento Kings)- 24 minutes, 9 points, 4/6 FG, 1/2 FT, an offensive rebound, a team-high 9 total rebounds, and -29 in a 128-75 loss to the Boston Celtics.
Rest of the Day’s Performances
- Anthony Davis (Perspectives/Los Angeles Lakers)- 25 minutes, 8 points, 3/8 FG, 0/1 3PT, 2/2 FT, an offensive rebound, 2 total rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, a game-high 4 blocks, a turnover, and -1 in a 106-96 win over the Brooklyn Nets.
- First game back since December 17, 2021.
- Talen Horton-Tucker (Simeon/Los Angeles Lakers)- 19 minutes, 0/6 FG, 0/2 3PT, a rebound, a block, and -2 in a 106-96 win over the Brooklyn Nets.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Brooklyn Nets)- 5 minutes, 0/2 FG, 0/1 3PT, a turnover, and a team-high +7 in a 106-96 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jalen Brunson (Stevenson/Dallas Mavericks)- 36 minutes, 11 points, 5/12 FG, 1/2 3PT, 4 rebounds, a team-high 5 assists, a steal, a block, 2 turnovers, and -22 in a 130-92 loss to the Golden State Warriors.
- Robert Covington (Proviso West/Portland Trail Blazers)- 37 minutes, 8 points, 3/11 FG, 0/3 3PT, 2/2 FT, 2 offensive rebounds, 6 total rebounds, an assist, a team-high 1 steal (tied with 3 others), a team-high 1 block (tied with CJ McCollum), and -12 in 109-107 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Fred VanVleet (Auburn) sat out the Toronto Raptors win over the Charlotte Hornets on Monday. But he was rather active as he assisted the coaches by giving out advice to his teammates.