Saturday, five former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in various NBA games. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from February 26.
Best of the Day: Keita Bates-Diop
- Keita Bates-Diop (University/San Antonio Spurs)- 34 minutes, a team-high 22 points (tied with 2 others), 9/10 FG, 3/3 3PT, 1/2 FT, a game-high 11 rebounds, 3 assists, a steal, a turnover, and +3 in a 133-129 loss to the Miami Heat.
- Third time this season playing over 31 minutes- most minutes in over a month.
- Second time this season scoring more than 20 points. Scored 30 points on December 23, 2021.
- This marks his first-career double-double.
- First start since January 12, 2022 against the Houston Rockets.
Rest of the Day’s Performances
- Fred VanVleet (Auburn/Raptors)- 35 minutes, a team-high 24 points, 8/22 FG, 5/14 3PT, 3/3 FT, a team-high 9 assists, a steal, a team-worst 3 turnovers (tied with 3 others), a game-worst -30 in a 127-100 loss to the Atlanta Hawks.
- John Konchar (West Chicago/Memphis Grizzlies)- 8 minutes, 1 points, 0/1 FG, 0/1 3PT, 1/2 FT, 3 rebounds, and -4 in a 116-110 win over the Chicago Bulls.
- Ayo Dosunmu (Morgan Park/Chicago Bulls)- 22 minutes, 0/2 FG, 0/2 3PT, 2 rebounds 3 assists, 2 steals, a team-worst 3 turnovers (tied with Zach LaVine), and -12 in a 116-110 loss to the Chicago Bulls.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Milwaukee Bucks)- 9 minutes, 0/1 FG, a rebound, an assist, and +10 in a 126-123 loss to the Brooklyn Nets.
- Debut for the Milwaukee Bucks.