Wednesday, five former Illinois prep athletes saw minutes in various NBA games. Below I look into and share each of their NBA performances from March 2.
Best of the Day: Isaiah Roby
Not everyday someone outperforms NBA favorite Nikola Jokic in a game. Even better, it’s Dixon’s Isaiah Roby. Roby finished with a career-high 26 points.
- Isaiah Roby (Dixon/Oklahoma City Thunder)- 34 minutes, 26 points, 9/13 FG, 4/5 3PT, 4/7 FT, a game-high 4 offensive rebounds (tied with 2 others), 7 total rebounds, a game-high 5 assists (tied with 2 others), 2 steals, a game-high 2 blocks (tied with Aleksej Pokusevski), a turnover, and +21 in a 119-107 win over the Denver Nuggets.
Rest of the Day’s Performances
- Admiral Schofield (Zion-Benton Township/Orlando Magic)- 5 minutes, 0/1 FG, 0/1 3PT, and -12 in an overtime 122-114 loss to the Indiana Pacers.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso West/Milwaukee Bucks)- 12 minutes, 3 points, 1/2 FG, 1/1 3PT, a rebound, and -10 in a 120-119 win over the Miami Heat.
- Max Strus (Stagg/Miami Heat)- 22 minutes, 8 points, 3/9 FG, 2/7 3PT, a rebound, 3 assists, a game-high 2 steals (tied with 5 others), and +13 in a 120-119 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks.
- JaVale McGee (Hales Franciscan/Phoenix Suns)- 14 minutes, 5 points, 1/2 FG, 3/4 FT, a game-high 2 offensive rebounds (tied with 2 others), a game-high 9 total rebounds, an assist, a fame-high 4 blocks, and +10 in a 120-90 win over the Portland Trail Blazers.