Four former Illinois prep athletes were in action on Wednesday. Below are the box scores, informations, and videos/tweets about Max Strus, Jevon Carter, Ayo Dosunmu, and JaVale McGee.
- Max Strus (Stagg/Miami Heat)- 29 minutes, 20 points, 7/13 FG, 5/10 3PT, 1/3 FT, a rebound, an assist, a turnover, and +14 in a 111-110 loss to the Atlanta Hawks.
- His 20 points is a playoff career-high.
- Despite the loss, Miami leads the series 2-1 over Atlanta.
- Jevon Carter (Proviso East/Milwaukee Bucks)- 18 minutes, a rebound, 4 assists, a steal, and +19 in a 111-81 win over the ChicagoBulls.
- Carter’s +19 plus-minus was the highest of all the Bucks bench players.
- Bucks hold a 2-1 lead over the Bulls.
- Ayo Dosunmu (Morgan Park/Chicago Bulls)- 18 minutes, 2/6 FG, 0/3 3PT, a team-high 2 offensive rebounds, 4 total rebounds, a team-high 5 assists (tied with Zach LaVine), 2 turnovers, and -11 in a 111-81 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks.
- The 30-point loss on Friday was the worst home playoff loss in team history.
- JaVale McGee (Hales Franciscan/Phoenix Suns)- 12 minutes, 15 points, 7/8 FG, 1/2 FT, an offensive rebound, 3 total rebounds, a steal, and -9 in a 114-111 win over the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Phoenix holds a 2-1 lead over New Orleans.
Apology to Patrick Beverley
I recently was corrected on my spelling of Patrick Beverley by one of my followers. In some of my tweets and posts, I had been typing it as “Beverly” and not “Beverley” which is the correct spelling. I looked back at past work and noticed I probably had it wrong a majority of the time so I wanted to make this note in a post.
Sorry Pat Bev, now I will spell it correct every time.