Both the Miami Heat and the Phoenix Suns bounce back and gets wins over the Philadelphia 76ers and Dallas Mavericks. They know hold a 3-2 advantage and will have to win a road game to avoid a Game 7.
Also, four former Illinois prep athletes were in action on Tuesday. Below are the box scores and videos/tweets on Max Strus, JaVale McGee, Jalen Brunson, and Sterling Brown.
- Max Strus (Stagg/Miami Heat)– 28 minutes, 19 points, 7/13 FG, 4/10 3PT, 1/2 FT, an offensive rebound, 10 total rebounds (game-hight, an assist, a turnover, and +30 in a 120-85 win over the Philadelphia 76ers
- His ten rebounds were not just a game-high but a career-high.
- 19 points and 10 rebounds secures his first career double-double (regular season or playoffs).
- According to StatMuse, his +119 plus-minus is the highest of anyone in the playoffs.
- Miami Heat are 21-5 when Max Strus starts.
- Heat lead the series 3-2 over 76ers with the next game Thursday at Wells Fargo Arena in Philadelphia.
- JaVale McGee (Hales Franciscan/Phoenix Suns)- 3 minutes, 0/1 FG, 2 rebounds, a turnover, and +2 in a 110-90 win over the Dallas Mavericks.
- Phoenix improves to 3-2 in the series as they now head back to Dallas for Game 6 at the American Airlines Center.
- Jalen Brunson (Stevenson/Dallas Mavericks)- 35 minutes, 21 points, 7/17 FG, 0/1 3PT, 3/6 FT, 7 rebounds, a team-high 2 assists (tied with Luka Doncic), a steal, a game-worst 4 turnovers, and -12 in a 110-80 loss to the Phoenix Suns.
- Sterling Brown (Proviso East/Dallas Mavericks)- 5 minutes, 0/1 FG, 0/1 #PT, 0/2 FT, a rebounds, and -11 in a 110-80 loss to the Phoenix Suns.